When your air conditioning is not cleaned regularly, the filters inside can get clogged up with dust and allergens. This can cause your system to work harder and create more pollution, costing you more money in energy bills. Not to mention, a dirty air conditioning unit can also emit an unpleasant smell. Let Electrodry aircon cleaning in Sunshine Coast handle all of your aircon cleaning needs!
The Benefits Of Aircon Cleaning
If you have an air conditioner, you know that it is essential to keep it clean. A clean air conditioner will last longer and work more efficiently. Here are some benefits of air con cleaning:
- Your air conditioner will last longer.
- Your air conditioner will work more efficiently.
- You will save money on your energy bills.
- Your air conditioner will be less likely to break down.
- You will breathe more easily because your air conditioner is free of dust and dirt.
- Your home will be more comfortable because your air conditioner will be working properly.
- You will be able to enjoy the full benefits of your air conditioner.
The Best Time To Clean Your Aircon
Determining the best time to clean your air conditioner can be difficult. Some tips to keep in mind include the following:
- Clean after heavy use or when the unit shows dirt or debris buildup.
- Check the filters monthly and change them as needed.
- Clean the evaporator coils at least every two years.
How To Clean Your Aircon
Air conditioning units can significantly impact your energy bills, so keeping them clean and running smoothly is essential. Here are some tips for air conditioner cleaning service your aircon unit:
- Check the filter – Air con filters can become clogged with dust and debris over time, leading to decreased airflow and increased noise levels. If the filter looks dirty or needs replacement, take it off and clean it using a vacuum cleaner with the crevice tool attachment.
- Remove the grille – The outer housing of an air con unit can get dirty over time if grease or oil residue is on the fan blades or around the ventilation holes. To remove the grille, unclip it from the front of the unit and use a brush to clean off any residue.
- Clean the condenser coils – Dirt and dust can collect on the condenser coils, leading to reduced cooling performance and higher energy bills. Use a vacuum cleaner with the crevice tool attachment to suck up any debris, then wipe them down using a moist cloth or spray cleaner.
- Clean the evaporator coil – The evaporator coil acts as a miniature air conditioner. When the evaporator coil becomes dirty, it can no longer effectively cool the air, causing the air conditioner to work harder and use more energy.
First, clean the evaporator coil off the power to the air conditioner. Next, remove the front panel of the air conditioner so you can access the coil. Use a soft brush to remove any dirt or debris from the coil, and then vacuum it with a soft brush attachment. Finally, replace the front panel and turn the power back on.
The Importance Of Regular Aircon Maintenance
I cannot tell you how often I have heard people say that they don’t have time to bother with their air conditioner. It seems like such a small thing, but if your AC unit is not working properly, it can lead to major problems.
Here are some reasons why regular aircon maintenance is so essential:
- If your AC unit is not working properly, it will not be able to cool your home or room correctly. This can cause you to get sick and may even lead to injury.
- If your AC unit does not run efficiently, it will consume more energy than necessary, leading to higher utility bills. In addition, this type of wear and tear on your equipment can eventually lead to its total failure.
- Keeping your air conditioner running properly helps reduce the air’s moisture. This decreases the chances of asthma attacks and other respiratory problems.
- Regularly cleaning and checking your air conditioner seals helps prevent dust and dirt from building up inside the unit, which can impact its performance and lead to equipment failure.
- By taking care of your air conditioner, you’re taking care of yourself! Neglecting regular maintenance on your air conditioner can lead to a number of health problems, including respiratory infections, headaches, and even nausea.
When you take care of your air conditioner, you’re also taking care of yourself. Regular maintenance prevents a number of health problems, including respiratory infections, headaches, and nausea.
Cleaning Your Aircon Professionally
If you don’t clean your aircon regularly, it can start to smell bad and may not be effective at cooling your home. Here are some tips on how to clean your air con professional service:
- Get a room cleaning kit – This will have all of the necessary supplies to clean your aircon, including a vacuum cleaner, dustpan and brush, and a spray cleaner.
- Clean the filter – The filter is either in the front or the back of the unit and needs to be cleaned regularly to remove residual dirt, dust, and pollen. To do this, remove the filter cover by unscrewing it and using the included brush to brush off any debris. Make sure to rinse off the filter before re-inserting it into the unit.
- Clean the chassis – The chassis is where all the electrical wiring connects and needs to be cleaned regularly to maintain functionality. To do this, first, unscrew all of the connectors on the chassis with a Phillips head screwdriver and then use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice attachment or a cloth to help rid of any debris. Make sure to rinse off any debris before replacing any connectors.
- Clean fans and filters – The aircon cleaning process is important to keep your system running smoothly and efficiently. Cleaning the fans and filters regularly will help prolong the life of your system and keep it running at peak performance.
Why is it important to clean your aircon?
It is important to clean your aircon because dirt, dust, and other particles can accumulate on the filters over time. This can cause your aircon to work less efficiently and generate more humidity in the room.
What happens if the aircon is not cleaned?
If the air conditioner is not cleaned regularly, it will produce high levels of dust, pollen, and other allergens, making people sick. The filters also become clogged with these substances over time, meaning less cold air is circulated. As a result, the unit might take longer to cool down or operate at its best. Visit www.energy.gov to learn more.
Why is aircon cleaning necessary?
The aircon in a building is constantly sucking in dirt, dust, and other contaminants. This can build up over time and create an unhealthy environment for the equipment and people working inside the building. Cleaning the AC unit regularly will keep it running efficiently and protect both the equipment and those who work within it.
Does cleaning an AC make it work better?
There is no easy answer to this question as it largely depends on the type of AC unit and the cleaning method employed. Generally, though, it is recommended that an AC be cleaned at least once a year to keep it running smoothly and reduce the chances of pollutants building up inside.
What happens if you don’t clean your aircon?
Unfortunately, if you don’t clean your aircon, it will not work as efficiently, and dust, dirt, and other particles will accumulate over time. This can reduce the unit’s cooling performance and increase your energy bills.
How often should air con be cleaned?
The frequency of air conditioning cleaning service should depend on the type of aircon and its condition, but generally, cleaning the unit every two to three months is recommended.